When it comes to infertility treatment, The Fertility Institute of New Orleans (FINO) works with patients to make a whole-body decision based on finances, emotion, biology and religious concerns that the couple may have. While our medical team develops a unique plan for treatment, our financial counselor is committed to helping patients understand costs and financing options in their journey to start a family.
We feel that by reducing the financial stress of fertility treatment, our patients have a better overall experience and even better outcomes.
- Paying for IVF (jump to topic): Things to know about paying for treatment include your specific insurance coverage and other ways to save on costs.
- IVF financing: Fertility-specific loans allow patients to spread out the cost of treatment into monthly payments.
- Discounts & infertility treatment financing: FINO works with several other fertility discount and financing programs to help make treatment affordable.
Things to know about paying for IVF
One of the most popular and well-known fertility treatment options is in vitro fertilization (IVF), where eggs are fertilized in a lab setting to achieve a successful pregnancy. While this can be a life-changing option, it involves considerable costs.
IVF and insurance
Many insurers don’t offer fertility coverage. Louisiana is not one of the states where laws mandated insurance coverage of assisted reproductive technologies such as IVF. If you do have coverage, based on where you live, where your employer is headquartered, and/or your current insurance plan will dictate your coverage. It’s important to check with your insurance provider first. They may not provide full coverage, but they could offer some degree of assistance or rebates on fertility tests or medications.
Other ways to save on IVF costs
We encourage everyone to find ways to reduce costs as much as possible. For example, our blog on IVF savings has tips on how to reduce your costs for fertility tests, medications and treatments.
Patients may be eligible for grants or even tax deductions. Many patients also use health savings accounts to set aside tax-exempt money as they prepare for IVF.
Once you’ve reduced costs as much as possible, set aside HSA (health savings account) funds, and worked with your insurer, it’s time to consider the remaining costs of infertility treatments. One of the most flexible solutions is IVF financing. FINO’s preferred financing partner is Future Family, the most comprehensive financing for all fertility treatment options (see more below).
What is IVF financing?
- In vitro fertilization (IVF) financing refers to a loan set up specifically for IVF and other assisted reproduction treatments.
- Think of IVF financing options like credit card charges that are paid for over time. Financing plans divide the total cost of your IVF treatment into a series of monthly payments, paid through trusted third-party lending institutions.
- Monthly financing allows for easy budgeting, and it’s a helpful means of undergoing various therapies if money otherwise isn’t available to start treatment.
Discounts and infertility treatment financing
CapexMD Fertility Financing
CapexMD is a comprehensive infertility treatment financing option with customized loan programs for all fertility treatment protocols.
Flexible, financing plans make it simple for you to get started quickly with IVF and egg freezing. Everyone’s fertility experience is different, and that’s why our plans are personalized to fit your needs.
Compassionate Care Program medication discounts
Fertility medications costs can add up, and this program offers eligible patients a 25%-75% discount on fertility medications. Military personnel automatically receive a minimum 25% discount.
ReUnite Assist medication discounts
The ReUnite Assist program provides up to a 75% discount on specific fertility drugs not covered by insurance for eligible patients. Additional programs are also available for veterans or oncology patients undergoing fertility preservation.
Military discounts and fertility treatment coverage
FINO works with a number of programs offering discounts for members of the military. This includes being a network provider for TRICARE and a member clinic of the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology (SART) “Serving Our Veterans” program, providing discounts to veterans with service injuries that directly impact fertility. The Compassionate Care Corps Program also provides additional assistance with medications.