Here at The Fertility Institute, we recognize that the COVID-19 pandemic has imposed a significant burden on our patients. We understand how you feel and we remain committed to helping you build your family, especially during these trying times. Rest assured that our top priority is to safely return to helping our patients on their fertility journey. Fortunately, effective April 27, 2020, The Fertility Institute will begin a phased re-opening at our Metairie, Mandeville, and Baton Rouge locations. This phased re-opening is designed to ensure the safety of ALL of our patients and staff. If your treatment cycle was cancelled or if you are interested in beginning a treatment cycle, please call the office at (985) 892-7621 or utilize our online appointment request form. Your health care provider will then review your chart and determine if you are eligible for treatment during this initial phase. ALL of our patients will receive the care that they require and deserve in a timely fashion, but we appreciate your understanding of this phased re-opening.
We are actively monitoring the current recommendations of the CDC, the American Society of Reproductive Medicine, and the Louisiana State Department of Health. These recommendations are subject to change at any time, but we will keep you informed of any changes that may impact your treatment cycle.
In an effort to minimize exposure risk and allow for adequate social distancing in the waiting room/office, the following policies have been implemented at all FINO locations:
- TeleConsults will continue for all new and current FINO patients. Please call the office or utilize the online appointment request form to schedule a virtual visit. If bloodwork, diagnostic imaging/procedure, or an in-person consult is required, we will schedule that appointment at an available time.
- In accordance with the LA Department of Health regulations and CDC recommendations, all persons entering the facility are required to wear a face covering at all times while on the premises.
- In-person appointments will be limited to the scheduled patient(s). We request that children and/or additional family members do not attend.
- A COVID-19 screening questionnaire will be conducted by one of our medical staff prior to or at the time of your visit. If a positive response is noted, we may ask you to reschedule your visit to a later time.
- Our office will contact you 10-14 days after your procedure for a post-procedure COVID-19 screening questionnaire.
We apologize for any inconvenience that these policies may cause. Thank you for your understanding at this time and please do not hesitate to contact our office with questions and/or concerns.
FINO Physicians and Staff