Join our team
At The Fertility Institute of New Orleans, we know that a great team makes for a great patient experience. Careers with FINO means working in a team environment, where your expertise is highly valued.
If you are interested in joining the FINO family, see our open job positions, below.
Now Hiring: Embryologist for Our IVF Lab
The Fertility Institute of New Orleans is seeking a clinical embryologist for a full-time lab personnel position to serve our Metairie IVF lab location in South Louisiana.
Join the cutting-edge team at Louisiana’s first fertility clinic – celebrating 19,000 pregnancies & counting
At the Fertility Institute of New Orleans (FINO), we believe fertility success encompasses both advanced science and a compassionate personal touch. We value the intimate trust placed in us by our patients who need help having children. Through our history, experience, innovation and leadership, FINO was the first to achieve many reproductive advancements in the Gulf South.
We draw on our history and the contributions of our team to continue leading and innovating. Join our experienced and knowledgeable embryology team in support of our mission to deliver empathy, expertise and science in pursuit of patient success.
Infertility wasn’t their plan. Let’s make a new one.
Embryologist job description
- Full-time, permanent embryology lab position.
- Reports to ART laboratory director.
- Monitoring, preparation and management of oocytes and embryos, including preparing tissue culture medium; identifying, categorizing, photographing and recording observations of oocytes and embryos; observing and identifying fertilized oocytes.
- Embryo care and procedures, including preparing fresh and thawed embryos for transfer, performing cryopreservation and thawing of embryos, and performing micromanipulation procedures (ICSI, assisted hatching, embryo biopsy).
- Oocyte care and procedures, including performing cryopreservation and thawing of oocytes.
- Lab administrative duties include entering data to SART and ART data files and thorough record keeping; ordering supplies, equipment and mouse embryos; maintaining laboratory manuals.
- Maintaining and preparing laboratory equipment for use in IVF procedures such as oocyte retrieval, as well as performing other quality control (QC) procedures.
- Teamwork and coordination, including working with ART laboratory director and physicians for scheduling ART patients, coordinating with IVF nurses and medical staff for ART procedures, and assisting laboratory director in all aspects of ART and related duties as required.
Required education and experience
- Minimum education: bachelor’s degree – BA/BS.
- Preferred experience: 3-5 years prior work history in IVF embryology lab.
- Schedule: ability to work weekdays, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Certifications: preferred, not required – T.S. (Technical Supervisor) certification through the American Board of Bioanalysis (ABB) in embryology/andrology.
Employee benefits at The Fertility Institute of New Orleans
- 100% paid medical insurance coverage for employees, with voluntary options to add spouse, children; voluntary dental, vision benefits available; FSA (flexible spending account) options.
- Paid group life/AD&D insurance; voluntary short-term and long-term disability coverage available.
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer contributions.
- Vacation paid time off after first year of employment.
- Employee appreciation events and team building.
- Support for continuing education.
How to apply
At The Fertility Institute of New Orleans, we know that a great team makes for a great patient experience. A career with FINO means working in a team environment, where your expertise is highly valued.
If you are interested in joining the FINO family, please email your cover letter and C.V. to Susie White, practice administrator, at [email protected].